Achievements and Accolades
The students of the Foundation zealously participate in various co-curricular activities, organised at the national and international levels. They have participated in numerous events organised by institutes of national repute and won laurels for our institutes.
- Final year B. Tech. Student from JECRC, Chandraprakash Sharma, among 80 students selected all over the world, has qualified for a 10-weeks professional development program called "Graduate Studies Program" at NASA Ames, where grooming of students is done by top notch dignitaries of related fields like astronauts, leading scientists, entrepreneurs and policy makers.
- The robotics team-TECHNOFIZI of JECRC UDML participated in the technical events of other colleges and brought laurels for the college.
- ENIGMA dance group of JECRC is a group aiming to promote hip hop dance culture in Rajasthan. The group won first prize 16 times in different competitions held at colleges and other places. Enigma, a self choreographed dance team, is popular for its coordination, uniqueness, choreography, expressions and most of all the self designed costumes. Recently selected in a 'street dance' competition based on reality show conducted by reputed TV Channel at Delhi which will be on-air shortly. ENIGMA is among the top 20 teams of India which participated in this competition.
- Harsh Dhadhich and Manoj Motiani, alumni of the JECRC Foundation, have been selected for a fellowship programme at IIM, Ahmedabad. Every IIM institute offers only two seats under its fellowship programme. JECRC Foundation holds pride in its students for securing this remarkable achievement.
- Ganesh Ram Jangir, a student of B.Tech. 6th Semester has filed a patent (Indian Patent/2155 Del/2008) for his innovation termed as- "Belt System for Body Support". This Belt helps disabled people as well as people subject to strenuous work. This patent claim has already appeared in the publications of Indian Patent Bulletin and is in the final stage of its evaluation. Mr. Ganesh Ram Jangir has many other innovations to his credit for which he has won accolades from organizations like IIT (Mumbai), University of Science and Technology, Kochin. He has also been awarded the Kishor Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojna (KVPY) by Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore. Recently, Ganesh has also been granted a student research project by Department of Science and Technology (DST), Govt of India.
- Our students have proven their talent by securing several accolades in various literary and cultural activities, held at the National and State levels in various institutes like IIT, NIT etc.
- Prof. Mousumi Debnath has completed successfully the first two years of her AICTE project on the genetic & metabolic profiling of Chlorophytum borivilianum and she is rewarded with another project on Momordica balsamina from DST. She has been working lately as a visiting scientist on metabolomics at Purdue University, West Lafayette, USA. Prof. Debnath has recently co authored her first international book by Springer Publication. It has been printed from Dochrecht, Heidelberg, London and New York simultaneously.
- Dr. Aalok Pandya has recently visited renowned Benasque School of Physics, Benasque (Spain) for a week and delivered a lecture in the last session. Dr. Aalok also delivered an "Invited Talk' in-International Conference on Frontiers of Interface between statistics and Sciences in Hyderabad Central University, Hyderabad. He has also filed a patent on development of "Alternative Technique to Harness Hydro-Electricity".
Mr. Manish Tiwari of ECE Department has participated and published 13
research papers in various nationaland international conferences in India and abroad at places like Bangkok, Hong Kong and Athens. He has recently visited Hong Kong to participate and present a research paper in a prestigious conference, APMP - 2010. Mr. Tiwari'sresearch work on Photonics has been recognized internationally by various research groups of UK, Finland, Hong Kong, Japan and China. He is a member of various international research societies and associations. He is also a member of technical programme committees of many international and national conferences.